Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NTG 4.5 Navigation Map Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 08:07 AM
UcP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C180 Facelift 1.8 CGI
NTG 4.5 Navigation Map Question

Hi guys,

This is my first message in this forum so let me introduce myself. I'm a civil engineer joined the forum from Turkey. I have a facelift W204 C180 1.8 CGI in white color.

I want to ask a problem that nobody could found an answer.

I retrofitted NTG 4.5 Comand Online system to my vehicle. From the moment I retrofitted the system, I waited for the Turkey Navigation Map to release on market. After a year Turkey Navigation Map unofficially released to dealers in Turkey.

What I meant from unofficially is, the map is not for sale and activation codes just given for the vehicles ordered with Comand Online optioned from official dealers (activation codes for imported cars out of official dealers are also unavailable). The activation codes are also not available for the Comand retrofitted cars. So I got the code from a person in Germany and installed the map.

After the map installation I decided to upgrade the multifunctional camera on the front windshield and I retrofitted A0009050538 to my car to use the Speed Limit Assist option. All the codings were made, camera was adjusted and we discovered that the Speed Limit Assist option is not coded in Turkey navigation map.

When I try to open it from the menu, it says that it is not available in selected country. I know that Speed Limit Option can be used if European map installed on Comand.

Is it possible to make an add-on?
Do we have to wait for the map update(besides it is unofficially released to the dealers)? Or is it going to be updated?
Is it possible to install two different country maps? (e.g Turkey and Germany map installed on Comand together?)

If there is anyone that can help me to solve this problem I will be really appriciated. I mailed to dialog@daimler.com and another mail adress from daimler but no one answered.

Last edited by UcP; 04-27-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:19 AM
UcP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C180 Facelift 1.8 CGI
Is there anyone know any e-mail adress related to customer care in Germany?