Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A quick question on wheel size for my car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C230W
Question A quick question on wheel size for my car...

I understand that there is wheel and tires forum, but it seems like that forum is for huge 18 and 19 inch wheels and tires, so I figured that I will post this question here....

I am thinking of getting a set of snows for my C230 Sedan. Would a any Mercedes OEM wheels (say off of a S-class or a E-class) fit my car? My friend has a set fo CLK wheels that he's willing to sell to me cheap so that I can mount snow tires on it.

Thanks in advance,

Jun
Old 09-04-2003, 08:38 PM

02 W163, 84 W123, 03 E39, 98 E39
Re: A quick question on wheel size for my car...

Originally posted by Junbug
I understand that there is wheel and tires forum, but it seems like that forum is for huge 18 and 19 inch wheels and tires, so I figured that I will post this question here....

I am thinking of getting a set of snows for my C230 Sedan. Would a any Mercedes OEM wheels (say off of a S-class or a E-class) fit my car? My friend has a set fo CLK wheels that he's willing to sell to me cheap so that I can mount snow tires on it.

Thanks in advance,

Jun
Luke from TireRack will answer a question like this for you on the other forum. If you look at one of your wheels (if your spare is an alloy, just like your other four wheels, this is the easyest one to check) you will see something like 15Jx7 ET29 . The 15 is the wheel size. 7 is the width, and the ET number is the wheel's offset. The offset number needs to be relatively close to the number on your wheels. If you can borrow your friend's wheels, you could mount one on your csr to doublecheck that the brake rotors fit and don't bind the wheel.

Good luck, and double check on the other forum.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:14 PM

2004 C230W
Thanks, I`ll move my question to the tire forum (nt)

nt