Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 CL500 HELP WITH CONSOLE FACELIFT upper control panel switches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CL500
2000 CL500 HELP WITH CONSOLE FACELIFT upper control panel switches

I have completed install of aftermarket stereo, amps, steering wheel converter etc. I'm having problems trying to get the switch assembly(UCP) from an 03+ to function correctly..

a little filler:

obtained console/wood trim from 03 w215 with widescreen opening, obtained doubledin dash kit for opening and new head unit, installed all new wiring, rca's speaker wiring, pac steering wheel control etc. used star das to remove navi, tele, options. all is working well, except center console switch(UCP)

my car doesnt have distronic, or restraint system, so only 4 wires are used for UCP switch 12v+ & - Can Lo&HI when plugging up the newer switch some functions work hazards, locks, abc will go up both levels, but wont come down and no indication lights to show what level its at, rear head rest, and shades do no operate at all, can turn esp on, but not back off.

So I'm wondering if its a bad switch, or if my can bus version will not work with that switch properly?? What I do know is my car is pre 05/01 my can bus wire pair is green and white instead of brown and brown/red(I believe thats the correct colors on the 06/01+ cars)

as a side note when I was looking at instructions for steering wheel control module, and following diagram of s500 cause cl wasnt listed, it listed the brown pair I believe, so I just substituted the green and white wires.. didnt work though, I had to use the green wire and the uninsulated ground that ran in the shielding with the can wires to the radio.. so can anyone give me some insight.. will this work??