Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S430 Instrument cluster failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S430 2001
S430 Instrument cluster failure

Hi, I've been having some problems with one of my cars, a 2001 S430. The instrument cluster lighting failed back in March. I replaced a fuse in April and it was working again. Then, a month later it had a total failure and the needles won't even move. I found a recall for it in the US, but MB USA won't fix it under the recall as I brought this car with me from Canada. I called MB Canada, and they said there is an identical recall out in Canada for the part. MB USA literally told me to ship my car back from the Los Angeles area to Canada, which I found to be an absurd suggestion. I know many other car manufacturers such as Honda allow cross-border recall repairs, has anyone had a similar issue or know what I could try to do in order to get this situation resolved?

Christian
Old 08-27-2013, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 MBZ S430 6 Speed
You may want to write an appeal to Mercedes-Benz directly and tell them you will never buy another vehicle or recommend their vehicle since they did not seem to honor cross-border recalls that are both duplicate and applicable to annexed countries of the same continent. Suggest their may be quality problems in their vehicles they are hiding from the consumer and see how they change their turn. I hope this helps. My dealership fixed my problem without an issue but my car was purchased in Encino, CA and serviced in Santa Monica, CA. Good luck.