Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless Break-in experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC
Keyless Break-in experience

My wife has a 2012 C300 4MATIC on lease. When we left for vacation I verified that the car was locked. During the week, her father stopped by to check on the house and found the car with the passenger front door open and all the doors unlocked. Someone went thru the personal belongings but nothing was stolen, not even a pair of sunglasses. The glove compartment was left opened with the lease papers in plain sight. I thought that maybe leased cars are more difficult to export for thieves but according to my local police dept that is not the case. In any case, there was no damage, no signs of slimjim use, no recollection of a car alarm by the neighbours. A little searching on google led to to find that wireless break-ins are on the rise this summer. Here's a news report with video: http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...s&VID=24714508

I spoke with a tech rep at my local benz dealer, and he hasn't heard of such a case and insisted a wireless break-in is not possible with Benz. I have no explanation for how the incident occured, but I wanted to ask;

1. did any of you owners hear of such an incident with a Mercedes Benz?
2. what security feature would you recommend?

I appreciate any feedback. Thank you

Last edited by przem23; 09-09-2013 at 12:01 PM.