Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thermostat replacement, 2007 R350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350, C230
Thermostat replacement, 2007 R350

What is the thermostat replacement process for a 2007 R350? I had a 3rd party repair shop set up their diagnostic tool to determine what error codes come up when the 'Check Engine' light comes on. There were two codes 0064 and 0856, I think the first is camshaft sensor and the 0856 is thermostat failure. They reset the check engine code then the light came back on 2 days later, then went off the same day. FYI, it was a cold morning, 49 degrees.
Should the thermostat be replaced by the dealer or is it possible for the owner to do the work?
Old 12-24-2013, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 250
Originally Posted by gregs46
What is the thermostat replacement process for a 2007 R350? I had a 3rd party repair shop set up their diagnostic tool to determine what error codes come up when the 'Check Engine' light comes on. There were two codes 0064 and 0856, I think the first is camshaft sensor and the 0856 is thermostat failure. They reset the check engine code then the light came back on 2 days later, then went off the same day. FYI, it was a cold morning, 49 degrees.
Should the thermostat be replaced by the dealer or is it possible for the owner to do the work?
It is possible for you to do it yourself and it is a fairly simple procedure.

Start out by draining the coolant at the radiator.

Detach upper coolant hose from the thermostats housing.

Remove poly-V belt and guide pulley.

Unlatch electrical connectors and disconnect.

Remove the two bolts.

Pull thermostat out and install in reverse order.