Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windows for w210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2003 | 12:55 PM
Almost a Member!

windows for w210

my electric windows have a mind of there own. when i push 'close', the window will go up a few inches, stop then go down a few inches. it takes about two minutes of trying to close the windows to get them to close properly. any ideas?

cheers
Old 12-05-2003 | 02:10 PM
Almost a Member!

96 S600C
My first thought is that something with the sensor that monitors the resistance when the window is going up to avoid someones hand or a childs neck to be caught in the window. I dont know for sure but from the description that is where I would start looking.
Old 12-05-2003 | 03:43 PM

Try to re-sync them

If you lower the windows and HOLD the switch in the open position for about 10 seconds it should resync the windows. If that does not work then likely the problem is more than them simply falling out of sync.

Did you change the battery right before this happened?

JR
Old 12-05-2003 | 04:01 PM
Almost a Member!

thanks

doh! just read the owners manual, and it lists a section on re-programming the windows. i have had the car for 9 months and bought it with 11k miles on the clock. its currently done 14k miles. im not sure if the batery has been replaced: however it is a '98 car so is could have been replaced at some point. its quite anoying having friends in the back when the windows start going all wacky. its not a total nuisance as it is an intermittant fault. anyway, i will try re-programming the windows and see what happens.

cheers for all.