Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing starter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300CD Turbo Coupe
Replacing starter

My 300CD Turbo Coupe(VIN#WDBAB53AOFA268435), with CA. emissions, is in need of a new starter. I have found two units, the first being a CA. heavy duty model. The second being for CA. model with an oxidizer. I do not know if I need the first or second one. And do I need to drop the steering linkage to remove the starter as well? Any comments? Thank You. TVesnaugh@netscape.net
Old 01-06-2004, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 W163, 84 W123, 03 E39, 98 E39
Re: Replacing starter

Originally posted by cherry stout
My 300CD Turbo Coupe(VIN#WDBAB53AOFA268435), with CA. emissions, is in need of a new starter. I have found two units, the first being a CA. heavy duty model. The second being for CA. model with an oxidizer. I do not know if I need the first or second one. And do I need to drop the steering linkage to remove the starter as well? Any comments? Thank You. TVesnaugh@netscape.net
I have replaced a starter or two in my W123's, but I have not run into the problem that you are asking about. With your VIN your local MB dealer Parts person could point you in the correct direction.