Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes 300D 4matic 1988

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan Terrano 2 LWB (boughted new ), Willys jeep Cj2a, Mercedes W124 300D 4matic, New Mercedes ML
Mercedes 300D 4matic 1988

Hello there!!
I have a 1988 Mercedes 300D 4matic and a three years ago the 4Matic stoped working. If a apply more throtle pressure then i should the triangle started blinking (That indicates that 4Matic is working in 4Matic models) but the 4Matic didnīt Work!!
So at the time i thougt that it has better to stop the car because i could damage the transfer case and drivetrain. So the car sat about 2 years in my garage. Now i want to fix it, the engine with some new oil and battery it will work ( i am a Do it youself guy )
Now a Guy asked me 15000 euros ( about 20000 dollars ) to fix the car and replace all sensors. I wanted to him beacuse i thougt that he was ripping me off
I nedd your help, i think that the transfer case is ok but i dont Know how to do, I didint fix the car 2 year ago because i was abroad, and now i am back and want to fix it. That car is a dream its nautical blue mettalic and it has full extras i belive, i just want to that benz in to the sunset