Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code Scanner Will Not Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 350
Code Scanner Will Not Connect

Re: 2007 CLK 350

Just found out that a Code Scanner would not connect with the car. Went to three different auto shops with the same result. Of course, without this connection, the car can't be inspected.

Any insight would be appreciated!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 BS
I know this sounds stupid, but did they have the plug lined up the correct way. The AutoZone I first went to had no idea what they were doing. I ended up buying a scanner for $30 and it works great.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 350
Originally Posted by qjumpr
I know this sounds stupid, but did they have the plug lined up the correct way. The AutoZone I first went to had no idea what they were doing. I ended up buying a scanner for $30 and it works great.
Doesn't sound stupid at all, QJ. In fact, that's the first thing that came to mind. I then took the car across the street to another auto parts store and had the same result.

Since posting this question, I've figured out the answer. Turns out that the fuse for the "diagnostic receptacle" (located under the hood) was blown! DUH, ME!!! Should have checked this in the first place!

Thanks again for responding!