Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless Go Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Keyless Go Problems

Anyone else have this problem. When I get out of my car, and I DON'T lock the vehicle, I see the message flash on the instrument console screen that says "Chip Card Not Recognized".

This msg. will blink on and off and keep the instrument cluster lights on forever. Until the battery dies I would assume or I lock the vehicle.

The weird thing is that starting and locking the vehicle via Keyless Go works fine.

It is only when I turn the vehicle off and leave without locking the doors. (Like when the vehicle is in my garage).
Old 01-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
This problem may be as simple as the card going bad. Seems with my 2nd card this problem does not occur. I guess I will have service look into this when I take my car in next month for the FSS service.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55
Adam
I had a problem with my 03CL55 recognizing the card early on. The dealer checked and found that the battery in it was low. After battery replacement it has been fine.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Seems my problem was fixed by using the smartkey to start and stop the car. After that the keyless go has been working fine.

I did check the batteries however before someone recommended the Smart Key initialization.