Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS issue 2005 s55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI
SRS issue 2005 s55

Okay, let me start off by saying I am a ASE l1 tech, so all the basics have been covered. I have a SRS fault, code 9007 vin mismatch. Code is a hard code and will not clear. SRS came on one day out of the blue and has been on since. My troubleshooting info is limited ( I only have Mitchell's, I work at a Chevy dealer) and don't really have a direction to go. I need to know if the module just puked its programming and a reprogram may be the answer, or if there's something more likely to check. Vehicle hasn't been wrecked and no components were replaced. Light's been on since 7 days after I bought it and I am tired of clearing the message center every time I start the car.
Thanks!

Last edited by turboaddict; 06-22-2015 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:01 AM

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts
'03 S55 (79K miles)
Are brake switch, steering angle sensor, seat sensors all ok?

Originally Posted by turboaddict
Okay, let me start off by saying I am a ASE l1 tech, so all the basics have been covered. I have a SRS fault, code 9007 vin mismatch. Code is a hard code and will not clear. SRS came on one day out of the blue and has been on since. My troubleshooting info is limited ( I only have Mitchell's, I work at a Chevy dealer) and don't really have a direction to go. I need to know if the module just puked its programming and a reprogram may be the answer, or if there's something more likely to check. Vehicle hasn't been wrecked and no components were replaced. Light's been on since 7 days after I bought it and I am tired of clearing the message center every time I start the car.
Thanks!
These are all inputs to Supplemental Restraint System, as well as airbags and roll sensors.

Here's one item I know will light up that error: if you disconnect the battery for long periods of time, the SRS lights up after you reconnect and turn on the car. Stays lit until you have pressed the brake pedal and then turned the steering wheel both ways lock-to-lock to calibrate the steering angle sensor.

Use caution if you make it past these and start checking the actual airbags. Not sure how to test them. Maybe need SDS.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:07 AM

Received 78 Likes on 44 Posts
S-series 2003 S500 4matic
Wanted to post a fix to a problem I had with a 2003 S500 4matic. Battery went dead for a week and after a full charge, the following message appeared "vins in control module n2/7 restraint systems control unit and n73 are not identical". I want to ad I replaced the front seats two months ago along with front seat belts- thought there might of been a issue lingering, but the fix had nothing to do with the exchanged seats.

I would reset the code and the take to dealer SRS failure would disperse using and iCarsoft device, but the SRS light would stay on. After turning the car off and back on, the original error message of SRS take to dealer would appear.

I took out my STAR DAS laptop and ran diagnostics. It came up with the vehicle vin, but not the restraint control unit vin- which came up blank. Before pulling the lower dash apart to get the control unit 17 digit number, I just typed in the vehicle vin for the restraint control unit. Five seconds later it said all was well and to clear the error code. I did that and all appears well.

If you are in central PA, come by I will do the VIN entry into STAR for you.