Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror problem driver side

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 CDI W203 (2005)
Mirror problem driver side

Hi all,

Im driving a C200 break, W203 model from 2005.
Since this weekend, something happened with the side mirror at drivers side.

As you can see on these pictures, the mirror itself is too much in front of the housing and the housing seem to have got a bash somehow. It's no longer 'attached' to the bodywork of the car/door. I tried to push it back in place but this doesn't seem to work, it feels like I'm going to break it, I can push as hard as I want, it doesn't get back in position.

First thought I have, is that I would need to detach the mirror from the housing, so it doesn't block the housing to get back in position, but I'm not sure this is the case. I seen some vids where people put the mirror in a certain position before they can remove the housing (or put it back on). Would this be the solution to my problem? Anyone else ever had this issue and has some hints maybe?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Mirror problem driver side-dsc_0334.jpg   Mirror problem driver side-dsc_0331.jpg   Mirror problem driver side-dsc_0333.jpg