Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear View Mirror/w reading lamp & compass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c-300 4-matic luxury
Rear View Mirror/w reading lamp & compass

Hello Everyone,
I'm am new to the MB family, and a new-be to this forum.
I just purchased (today) a MB c-300 4-Matic luxury sedan w/19,450 miles. I love the car and spent a good portion of the day 'getting to know' the vehicle. I have a couple of questions that i cannot find the answers to anywhere, so i was hoping someone out there could help me out.
Question -1:Do all C-300's come equipped with a compass on the mirror? The manual gives instructions as to the programming, but i have not been able to bring it up on the mirror, and i also cannot find this listed item as 'standard equipment, or as an 'optional equipment'
Question - 2: When the 'interior lights' are on at night, the reading lamp (underside of rear view mirror) for the passenger side, along with the little 'pen push button hole' next to it, remain 'dimly lit' when the switch is turned off. Is this by design, or is there something wrong with it? (possibly programming?). It's driving me nuts.
Thank you in advance for you help!
Best,
ACC

Last edited by ACC3774; 11-01-2015 at 01:48 AM. Reason: type-o
Old 06-01-2016, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-350 Coupe
Hi ACC3774. I'm more Newbie than you in MB world owners. I have been trying to find a way to deal with your Question 2, since I will like to turn on/off the yellow dimly lit you mention. It keeps on no matter the interior lights are off (doors closed). I was reading other threat and it is suppose to be an ambient light but for me, an user should be able to activate/deactivate it.

Did you find a way to deal with this ambient light?