Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R231 '15 SL class, reset easy-entry after accident?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 07:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SL400
R231 '15 SL class, reset easy-entry after accident?

My SL got rear ended a couple of months ago. Finally got it back, the body shop did a tremendous job repairing it and fortunately, no structural damage. The accident was enough to set off the roll bars and seatbelt tensioners, and it did what it was supposed to do, go into park, put on the blinkers and called for help. It did activate the accident-aware easy-exit feature at that time.

It was sent to the dealer to replace the seat belts and reset all the codes and stuff from the accident. (no front damage, no airbag, just the seat belt tensioners, roll bars, head restraints, etc).

The shop is checking with the dealer, but I'm unable to re-enable the easy-exit feature from the settings menu. It shows up and says, "hit OK to enable" but no amount of pressing the OK button will enable it. The other selectable features do work.

So, it must have gone into some mode due to the accident I presume.

Is there any "user level" way to clear it? Or is this strictly a dealer computer only thing? The W.O. from the dealer indicates all the codes were cleared and all the new parts were coded in.

*edit* The tilt and telescope functions work fine with the knob. The memory function works for the seat, mirrors and steering wheel position.

Last edited by nuketopia; 12-15-2015 at 08:17 PM.