Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuse #52 start enable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 11:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CL500 , 08 Lincoln Navigator
fuse #52 start enable

First I'd like to say that I did do a search and that is how I found this site.

I have a 05 C240 4matic wagon and a few days ago it wouldn't start. I was 3 degrees F and the battery was the original so I replaced it. It didn't click or do anything so I figured the lights may work but not enough power to turn it over. New battery didn't help so I searched the internet and found this site and mention of fuse #52. I checked it and sure enough it was blown. I also read that MB sent out a bulletin saying to replace the 15 amp with a 20 amp so I did it and it started right up. The wiring, fuse boxes are like brand new.

My question is this .. is the any one big reason that fuse blows ? If there is something I can check in advance and repair ? I would rather do it instead of breaking down somewhere. I am almost afraid to drive somewhere and park thinking it may not start again. Any advice appreciated
Old 01-10-2016, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 963 Likes on 747 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
15 amp fuse was marginal in case of current spikes that occur when systems activate. 20 amp fuse is appropriate. The wire gauge can easily handle the 20 amps. Carry a spare fuse "just in case" if it makes you feel better but you should not have any further issues. FWIW, I have seen the same bulletin and my car does have the 20 amp fuse versus the original 15 amp fuse.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CL500 , 08 Lincoln Navigator
Thanks for the reply. I just figured that over time the people who have had a problem found that they all had a issue in common, something I could check.