Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD player headunit EURO COMMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E500
Wink DVD player headunit EURO COMMAND

Hello everyone, I need help with something. I have a 2004 E500 in california. I have a EURO COMMAND system in the vehicle right now. This EURO COMMAND system can play DVD right on the screen. One problem. Because it is a EURO COMMAND, the system only plays DVD in region 2. So if I insert a US DVD (region 1) it wouldn't work. With a non-regional coded DVD, it plays fine. Is there anyway to set the regional code to 1 or set it to multi-regional? Also, when the DVD plays, when the car is travelling more than 5 mph, the screen fades out due to safety reasons, is there any software that can bypass that feature? If anyone has any idea, share the wealth. Thanks
Old 02-22-2004, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD player headunit EURO COMMAND

Originally posted by btseng813
...Because it is a EURO COMMAND, the system only plays DVD in region 2. So if I insert a US DVD (region 1) it wouldn't work. With a non-regional coded DVD, it plays fine. Is there anyway to set the regional code to 1 or set it to multi-regional?...
Cannot you copy your DVD's with copying software that wipes the region coding?

Originally posted by btseng813
...Also, when the DVD plays, when the car is travelling more than 5 mph, the screen fades out due to safety reasons, is there any software that can bypass that feature?...
No.