Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1992 220ce - engine just quits

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 200g 124body
1992 220ce - engine just quits

Hello guys, my first time to post, although I've read a lot of useful info for my '88/200g/w124 since last year -thanks!

The 220ce is owned by my father's good friend and I am interested to buy it if he sells it. Problem is, according to him it recently started (intermittently) to just quit on him on whatever speed -without warning. No warning indicators on the dash go on, no weird sound, no change on the idling -it just quits like the ignition key was turned off. But, once he starts it, one-click and it starts like nothing happened (idling okay, no warning indicators).

We have a small tune-up center and each time he brings it in we couldn't chance on the problem -won't quit on us -hehehe! Electronic fuel filter is new, 2 computer thingy replaced (we have spares of those for testing). Doesn't seem to me to be an air flow control problem because I encountered that in my 190e before and it had different symptoms.

I would appreciate any help on this, thanks guys. BTW, am not a mechanic so please talk english when you reply, hehe..thanks again!