Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hood release lever replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hood release lever replacement

the hood release lever i.e. the little black thing which ejects out to release the hood snapped. got replacement. any help on how to replace the lever will be appreciated.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:53 PM

02 W163, 84 W123, 03 E39, 98 E39
Not a big deal to replace..

Originally posted by groovy
the hood release lever i.e. the little black thing which ejects out to release the hood snapped. got replacement. any help on how to replace the lever will be appreciated.
I have replaced that item once or twice on my W-123. The trick is to get the hood open. What I used was a pair of needel nosed pliers to reach in through the grill to pull the mechanisum forward to un-latch the hood. My remembrance was that the plastic part wasn't all that expensive.

If this isn't the info you needed, please be more specific about what problem you are having, and the model and year of your MB.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:42 AM

the car is a w210 e 420 1997. i can open the hood easily but am confused about opening the spring mechanism attached to the lever. thank you for your help.