Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hic-Up at around 1600-2000 rpm???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Question Hic-Up at around 1600-2000 rpm???

This Has Also been posted on the W202 forum: sorry to repeat:

I have been reading this board for a week now and finally registered this evening. Good stuff. It brought attention to a lot of things I didn't know exsisted in the benz world. Running sick 1/4's, serious mods, etc...

I currently own my first benz which I purchased last summer. It is a 99' C230 Kompressor Sport. The car is black on black including the windows. I love it to death. I look like a drug dealer. Anyways it came out of the garage a little while ago when the snow cleared up and I have decieded to try for a few extra hp/trq for the engine.

I have purchased a Kleeman pulley kit, K&N filter, and an upsolute chip to be installed in a few weeks. I installed the K&N filter today and plan on relocating the MAF sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Upon starting the car it seemed to idel a little nicer than before but thats the only thing I really noticed. I didn't expect much from the filter I just wanted a quality replacement. After a quick drive to the gym I found myself slightly reving the engine while in "park".

While doing this I notice a wierd sound around 1600-2000rpm. Its almost a "pppfffftt, click, hic-up" type of sound. Its very quick and doesn't seem to be noticed while driving or to even to effect the car while in drive. Also in park is the rev-limiter lowered. It seems to kick on around 4000rpm. Seems a little low, is that just because the car is in park and its free reving??

Any feedback would be much appreciated,

THANKS
Old 02-29-2004, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 ML350
The rev limiter in park or nuetral is only at 4000 rpm to protect the torque converter.
But you would almost have to have a audio clip for me to tell you anything about the hic-up.

Brian