Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R350 air suspension compressor won't activate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 R350
R350 air suspension compressor won't activate

I posted in the r class form but no luck in any answers so I figured I'd try here...

Hey all, Im new to the forum and Mercedes's but not new to working on cars... I have had a bunch and have worked on various ones though out the years.

Anyway, we just picked up a salvage r350 that had a light front hit. The car is in good shape otherwise except for needing a new grill, hood and bumper. The other issue I noticed is the rear air ride. It has the ADS system and rear air ride only (non airmatic). The car is currently sitting low in the rear on both sides. So far I have jumped the compressor and can get it to work so the compressor is not the issue. I swapped the relay with the starter relay and the car started so the relay is good. I also checked the 40 amp fuse which is fine, and then I tested the voltage in the relay sockets in the fuse block under the hood. There is no power coming to the relay to activate it to turn the compressor on. I have no messages on the dash and the only two codes that come up from the check engine light are inlet air temp sensor and maf sensor if I remember correctly (I know the obd 2 wont show suspension codes but just for the heck of it I checked). The vehicle did have a dead battery and I believe the aux battery is dead too but not totally sure. Could this have a stored EAS fault or possibly faulty ride height sensors in the rear? I searched the internet and the forum and everything I saw was pertaining to bad air shocks or a bad compressor.

Additionally yesterday I checked the 2 fuses in the back that I found from an online schematic for air ride and they were fine. The lines when in hooked from the compressor showed signs of holding air. Could it be the rear air ride sensor that's bad. That's the last thing I didn't check.
Thanks for the help,
Kevin