Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

phone service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CL ,2004 gallardo
phone service

my car has the star tac phone installed. question 1 can the phone be changed to a new model and still work in the car. 2. right now i think the phone is hooked up with att which i hate, can i be changed to another carrier?
Old 02-29-2004, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
What year and model vehicle ?

Most can upgrade the PSE to the new dual system PSE, get a new cradle and cord kit plus a new handset.

You then will be ready to rock.

As far as switching providers, NO. You startech is a TDMA handset if you are on ATT. This means it WILL NOT work with any other provider unless they provide TDMA service.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CL ,2004 gallardo
the car is a 2000 cl...sorry
Old 02-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Accorinding to MBUSA:

"At this point, the V60 can be retrofitted back to MY'01 and certain MY'00 vehicles. Also MY'02 vehicles which were equipped with the Timeport kit can be upgraded as well. Depending on the vehicle and the model year, specific components of the integrated phone system will need to be verified and installed. To upgrade your customer to the V60 system, please refer to the Parts & Service portion of this site and select the corresponding vehicle model year for more information. For first time installations, following the ordering process staring with the search by vehicle function."

I think the MY'00 CL has a different antenna and or unsuitable shielding for the new Tri-Mode signals.

Will the system still work ? Probably so and I beleive people have actually successfully accomplished this.