Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 C Class Mobile Comm Telephone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 03:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
2001 C Class Mobile Comm Telephone

So, I have been having real problems getting this phone to work well. When I call into the car, and when the car calls out, the sound to the outside party is very tinny, weak and goes in and out.
Currently, I have the Motorola Timeport TDMA (att) version in the cradle.

Now, I find out that the previous owner of the car actually had a CDMA (sprint) version of the phone and NOT the TDMA one that she told me. I had searched and purchased a TDMA phone online, then the dealer actually replaced it free with a brand new one to try to correct the problems, but here is my question.

Is the mobile cradle and built in componant of the mobile phone system, all unique to the phone? Meanign there needs to be a TDMA system configuration for the car, if a TDMA phone is going to be used?

Or, will any Mercedes approved Timeport handset, CMDA, TDAM, etc. work in the mobile come system jsut as well. At one point, the dealer had told me "any of those phones will work" but maybe they didn't detail or know that the comm system is important too.

Any help would be appreciated.
TB
Old 03-03-2004, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
If you have electronics for a Time Port Phone than any MERCEDES timeport will work regardless if it's tdma or cdma. Same goes with the v60 Phone.