Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Same Tech always works on my car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 01:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55 Designo Espresso
Same Tech always works on my car...

have you of you notice that when you take your car in for service that the same Service Tech works on your car. I am gald that the same one works on my car everytime. Kinda makes me feel special, just like the engine is hand built.
Old 11-25-2001, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Never noticed that. How many techs are working at your dealers service dept ? Maybe you have gotten lucky..... Jobs are given to tech's pretty much at random, however, there are some "newer"techs that will do oil changes, etc. until they get some time under their belt. You really won't see any of the senior techs doing oil changes on the rack unless there is no one else available to do them.

Maybe MBtech can shed some light on this as well.
Old 11-25-2001, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
We have 50-something techs at my dealer. We operate on a "team" system. Meaning we have about 8 service advisors, and each service advisor has about 6 technicians working on his team. If whenever you bring your car in for service, you always use the same service advisor, your car will be worked on by one of those 6 technicians. Unless the problem is a recheck, then it will go back to the tech that worked on it last. We have a dedicated alignment tech, a smog tech, a few used-car department techs, lube-rack techs, and the rest are all-around general service techs. I am one of the latter. I am also the youngest general service tech working there by about 5 years. Every other employee my age is either washing the cars, vacuuming the showroom, or working on the lube-rack. The next youngest person there with as many training credits as I have, is in his 30's.
Old 11-27-2001, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
is that how it is at every dealer?
Old 11-27-2001, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Every one with a team system. Some dealers aren't on team systems, just totally random and haphazard.