Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will clk320 fan work in clk55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 sl32. 2004 clk55
Will clk320 fan work in clk55

So I got the "coolant, see workshop" message after radiator fan did the jet engine thing for about a week, wouldn't do it all the time but when it would come on it would stay on high speed. Now it has stopped working all together, I checked lierally every single fuse in the car and all ok. I then pulled the battery and inspected wiring under battery after draining half a foot of water from the well. Wiring looked good so I pulled the front dam and tested each fuse by continuity test and all showed to be good. I have determined the fan is inop and bought another fan from the local salvage, he tested fan to ensure it works and I head home to install. I het home and realize the one from my clk55 has 10 blades and a big silver finned amplifier at the plug, the one I purchased is from a one year newer (05) clk320 and it has 7 blades and no amplifier, identical in every other aspect. Before I install this fan, I am interested in any thoughts about compatability. Your input will be greatly appreciated.