Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP... Ride height issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Mercedes Benz s55 amg
HELP... Ride height issues

I have owned this 01 s55 amg for about a year now mechanically has been great. First 3000 miles cooling leak ($20 plastic piece in firewall) replaced belt ($100)
I been doing oil changes myself I've been trying to do everything myself to learn about these beast...
so I just got the front two control arms replaced, n a ball joint. The front seems to be lower in the front right than the left front. The car can be raised and lowered my guess it sits on air bags ? Do not know but anyway I am concerned because I have never noticed a difference in height previous to this repair.. the sensors must be a little off but I notice it the difference it is off , of course I want the ride height to be level between each side front n back ( when I got it out the shop I think the back was raised in most high setting n front in lower; I'm sure they played with it ) I have to take my dad to pick up his new car tommroow but I don't want to drive my car because of the height issues, I am going to take the car back n tell them this but is a day a big deal as today is Wednesday I will take car to shop Friday( is it alright to drive or no) ... thank you and will post a picture in due time first post mb owner 1 yr
Old 03-02-2017, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 722 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Info here:
http://danirangelov.blogspot.com/201...tic-level.html