Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?Possible to Star reprogram for rear air sus only???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
?Possible to Star reprogram for rear air sus only???

Hi,

I have an 2004 E500 that had Airmatic. I have removed the front air springs and replace with coils. I still have the rear air springs installed. I have tried various combinations of the variant codings I could find in Star diagnostics. I still cannot get the system to "switch" to rear leveling only. It still is looking for the signals from the front springs and is setting a fault code. I can still raise and lower the rear only with the Star connected. Does anyone have any experience re coding to this rear only air spring set up? Thanks for any comments!

Rob
Old 04-19-2017, 11:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
You are foooooooooooooooooooed---not possible!
Old 04-19-2017, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
LOL Plutoe....I agree this is prob not possible. Are you saying that because the module would need to be replaced with one from a car that has rear leveling only programing? In which case, a module from another car still needs to be "married" to the car by the dealer correct?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
You are correct, however where are you going to find a rear only module---call any tuner and ask them if they can edit and write to your module rear only---I would love to hear their response knowing they have no Airmatic system experience and all they actually do is putz with injector amounts\time.