Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GL450 Rear Door Lock Oddity...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
GL450 Rear Door Lock Oddity...

Hey there!

Did a good deal of research in the forums and can't seem to find something that fits the situation for my 2009 GL450. The drivers side, rear passenger door "pogo" doesn't work with buttons on door or remote. I can physically lock and unlock the door with the pogo, but no power options work. In addition, I've recently learned that the physical ability to unlock the pogo with the inside door handle pull (like all other doors) doesn't work either. The handle issue acts as if the child locks are switched on, but they are very clearly off (I've toggled the switch back and forth multiple times).

I've had this issue with other vehicles and it is typically the actuator (as mentioned on several other posts). However, what strikes me as odd is that I don't hear or feel anything in the passenger door attempting to lock or unlock the door when using power options or the inside door handle. I hear the actuator in all the other doors.

Thanks in advance!

Peace...Away...
Old 06-08-2017, 09:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
sounds like a faulty door lock actuator, sounds like a SAM issue---get my point it's a complicated system----get a chassis scan or live with it!