Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W166 remove option 468 Active driving stability in XENTRY or Vediamo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 07:59 PM

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
merdeces s320
W166 remove option 468 Active driving stability in XENTRY or Vediamo

Hi all

I have a GL450 2014, bought it flood damaged, had salt damage so needed to replace virtually all the electronics as well and the engine and gearbox.

I bought a heavily crashed donor GL450, swapped the engine (works fine) then set about changing all the other electronics. I decided to use just about all the electronics from the donor car and just let xentry assume the rebuilt one was the donor one (in other words it woyuld use the donor car VIN), this saved me replacing the theft relevant parts, transmission ECU, ingition, motor electroncis ECU etc, but left me with a small headache

The donor car had some options that the flood one does not, Night view assist, rear air conditioning and the point of this thread option 468 Active driving stability. This consists of extra oil pump on engine running some oil to suspension and extra electronics including damping valves on each strut.

My donor does not have this so rather than add all the oil pipework and swap the struts, I'd like to disable this option (468 adaptive damping system) in the relevant ECU's if possible, then reprogram the airmatic ECU so it does not look for the damping valve on each strut and throw up an error. (I do have the ability to perform online SCN coding, but no experience in changing options on the daimler server and don't really want to mess with that unless I have to)

can do this in vediamo if someone can point me in the right direction

all advice gratefully appreciated.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Yes, as long as you have developer mode keys it is easy with Xentry--the same process to add or deselect a feature!
Old 06-08-2017, 10:59 AM

merdeces s320
I dont have developer keys

Can any member do this via teamviewer? Remove the following factory installed options. (I'm happy to pay via paypal)

214 ADAPTIVE DAMPING SYSTEM
468 ACTIVE DRIVING STABILITY (ARS)
582 AIR CONDITIONER IN THE REAR
610 NIGHT VIEW ASSIST
Old 06-08-2017, 11:32 AM

merdeces s320
I went into special finctions, entry for retrofit and modifications and tried removing each of the equipment codes, camed up with error saying it cannot be upgraded. (see screenshots)

Does this mean I am scuppered? Or simply that I don't have vedoc write access. (I do have online scn coding access)
Attached Thumbnails W166 remove option 468 Active driving stability in XENTRY or Vediamo-capture_009_08062017_112452.jpg   W166 remove option 468 Active driving stability in XENTRY or Vediamo-capture_008_08062017_112443.jpg