Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 E63 ONE battery or TWO?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
2011 E63 ONE battery or TWO?

I have a 2011 E63 that I recently purchased. Occasionally, maybe once every couple of months, the car won't start. All interior lights will come on but the car won't turn over (or even begin to). I thought it might be the battery so I looked it up online to find out that the car should have two batteries (one under the hood, the other in the trunk). My car doesn't have one in the trunk. Even the Mercedes dealership where the car was purchased said it came with two batteries. Now that I have taken the vehicle into Mercedes to have it checked out (it is a certified vehicle) they say that I have a bad battery and want me to purchase one and claim the car was built with only one battery. Also, they tested the battery when I took it in and said it tested fine. However, after periodically starting the car, it did have one slow start so they think it's a bad battery. Thoughts???