Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLK 500 Won't Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 11:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
CLK 500 Won't Start

Battery is fine. Engine won't start. Anybody have any ideas? Service light said it was 24 days past due for Service A. I wnet through the menu and reset it. Security system has been set and I disconnected negative battery terminal to reset computer. I put the key in and turn to ignition. Evrything is fine until you try to start. Nearest dealer is 100 miles away. I would like to exhaust all avenues before having car towed to dealer.

Thanks in advance.
The following users liked this post:
jwb007 (08-11-2019)
Old 05-08-2004, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
Do you turn the key and nothing happens at all? Does it crank???? Either way, it could be many things..... Will it shift out of gear? Is the gear selected displayed on the cluster?
Old 03-02-2017, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500
Is this normal

Hi, hope all is well. Earlier today after hosing off leaves from soft top and windshield gutter, this 05 CLK500 didn't tumble/crank when attempted to start.The key turned to start position, cluster liteup and there wasn't any warning signs. After a few more attempts, it demonstrated signs of hesitation and eventually started. I did shift/play with gear lever in my attempts to get it to start. It hasn't happened again and i did make few stops prior to getting home.
Can you explain if this is normal or is it a concern? The battery was replaced 3 months ago.

Thank you.