Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delayed - Slow Keyless/remote response...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2017 | 01:20 PM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Delayed - Slow Keyless/remote response...

Hello.

My car has a strange problem. When I get away from the car more than 10 mins, my keyless system will not recognize the key right away. I have to stay next to my door (or any door) at least 15 sec before it will unlock the car.

Same thing happen when I press "lock, or unlock" on my remote, the red light will flash, and only 15 seconds later, the car will respond by either locking or unlocking the car...

If I unlock on lock the car and try to operate the keyless within 10 mins, it will work instantly...

My batteries are brand new on both keyless keys I am using and i have tried a new antenna amplifier without results..

Thanks
Old 10-19-2017 | 03:34 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
Well you are foooooked with no free or cheap fix. The system is complicated and if you want a correct answer, the system must be diagnosed, else hire someone to stay with the car!
Old 10-19-2017 | 06:06 PM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Plutoe
Well you are foooooked with no free or cheap fix. The system is complicated and if you want a correct answer, the system must be diagnosed, else hire someone to stay with the car!
I am not looking for a free or cheap fix..Only for the car to work like its supposed to. My local Mercedes shop have no clue what to do with the car to fix the problem
Old 10-19-2017 | 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CL 600
Your dealer has no idea what to do? I find that strange.

Keyless go has full authority to wake up the CAN, it has to for the functions it controls. Start by running the KG function tests and see if there's any delays. If not, and both keys do the same thing, I'd look for other CAN problems. The CGW should store any reasons the CAN was unable to be started up. If all that is in order, replace the KG controller, it must be failing.