Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avoid Speedriven at all costs!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 08:02 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2012 AMG CL65
Avoid Speedriven at all costs!

So many of you know this story but here it is anyway, I bought my dream car, a very rare 2012 AMG CL65 in Designo Graphite. Spectacular automobile. I always had a dream of owning one with the full blown Speedriven 1200 package. So after owning the car for only a month I sent it and nearly $40,000 to Speedriven in Illinois for the full treatment. Turbos, tune, built trans, custom rear end, suspension module, large intercoolers, THE WORKS! I was promised it would be an 8 week build and the car would make well over 900rwhp. Man oh man I was excited! Car of my dreams and supercar power to go with it. Well things never seem to go as planed and as time went on I was warned by many prominent members that the car will never make that power and that Speedriven is a bunch of crooks. Yeah some V8 models they do are okay and they know a couple things of the earlier V12 cars but they will screw me around and give me back a car that wont make the power claimed and be plagued with issues. At this point it was too late, they had the car and my money. So after several weeks I call and call and call (very hard to get ahold of the leed BS artist Marcin) but I eventually find out the car hasnt even been started. Few more weeks go by and I am told one lie after another. One being "Yes, the motor is in the car already and we are waiting on parts." So I send various friends to check on the car and one sends me many pictures of the car with the engine on the ground still and lets me know the car does not have a single person on it. They back burnered the car. Well I call and call and call....and call and eventually get Joe that assures me they are working non stop on the car. So I send another friend there and he sends me shots of the car outside in the snow. Now mind you the car has NEVER seen rain nor snow and also mind you the car was sent there in the Summer. I call some more and am told there are issues on the trans parts as the parts they normally use do not fit my particular NAG1. Strange but I know little of the cars so I just have to go with what I am told. I am told they dont know how to tune the car and are dealing with people overseas only to discover that its actually Eurocharged trying to remote tune their issues. After many more calls and getting my lawyer involved I do eventually get the car back around Christmas time. Car is dropped off and has a flat tire and a front bumper that looks like it went through a war zone. Mind you this cars paint was FLAWLESS. Car only had 26k on it. I pop the hood to see what $40,000 buys and see several pin holes in my ABC line and its just pouring fluid. I am simply livid. I fill the tire and limp the car back to my shop so I can prepare to ship the car back. On the way to the shop the car goes into limp mode. Wonderful! So after several calls I get the car arranged to go back to them and have the bumper repainted, the line replaced and the limp issue resolved. I am told a week or two. So a couple months later the car comes back home. They replaced the line, got the tire to hold air and KINDA fixed the limp issue. The fix was to put a $40 manual boost control hidden under the throttle-body (to bypass the cars ability to control boost) that was electrical taped in place and then wrapped with electrical tape so the adjuster wouldn't move. I guess nobody noticed the set screw on the knob used just for this purpose. Well the car still would go into limp mode constantly and I had to turn down the knob to pretty much 9 psi to keep it from doing it.
So here it is going on a year and they took this spectacular running machine and made me scared to use it. I should also point out they promised me they would send all the OEM items back to me. They did except for the turbos and the factory downpipes. At this point I had enough. I brought the car to Eurocharged to have the car properly tuned on their dyno. They removed the jenky boost knob and installed an electronic boost control that allowed me to switch between pump gas and MS109 race fuel. Marcin promised me he would cover the re-tune and also send me my turbos. This is in April of this year. Well Eurocharged has some really great guys and retuned the car so it now worked. Granted the car could not produce anywhere near the power I was promised, the power I paid for but it was much faster and stopped going into limp mode. So that I could get the car back I paid half of the $2500 re-tune fee with a promise from Marcin that I would get the money back save for the cost of the new electronic boost control he should have installed in the first place. I have called no less than 150 times and sent countless emails all with no response and then all the sudden two months ago I get a call from Marcin, could have knocked me over with a feather. He told me he would get the turbos boxed up and sent and include a check for the tune. Of course this never happened. His new office guy Dan, who is very good at returning calls and making things happen did eventually get the turbos sent back to me this last week. I was pleased to open the box and see my turbos but alas there was no check. I am sure I will never receive the check because all Marcin does is blow smoke up my butt and never follows through. He claims his customers are important and says he takes great pride in his work and taking care of people. That simply is not true and many who have delt with him will attest to this.
In short, if you have an AMG or any Euro car you should stay FAR away from Speedriven and trust in Eurocharged. Speedriven will promise the world for your money, Eurocharged will tell you like it is and give you a proper running car at a much better rate and much quicker. I hope this post saves some people from making the mistake I made. I have since sold my dream car because I was so sick of what Speedriven had done to me and they destroyed my dream. Thank You for taking the time to read this and I hope it saves at least one person from going through what I had to deal with.