Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Mercedes SL Top 2003 Mercedes SL Top

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes SL Top 2003 Mercedes SL Top

Does anyone know how to close the retractable hardtop of a 2003 mercedes sl500 manually, i could get it close automatically, need to close the top so i can drive to the dealer.

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
I've dont this once in training but it is fairly complicated, so I don't remember all the steps
Old 05-13-2004, 03:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2003 SL
hey, NORMAN-TEN how come you keep posting the same question, but start a new thread??

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ht=retractable

you can't raise it manually, only lower it in most cases..

or at least post something else, like... duh I can't find the wrench, or where is the hydraulic pump, or the window latches won't unhook..

By the way, why in the heck do you need to raise the top to take it to the dealer? Is it a topless only place?

Greg
Old 05-13-2004, 03:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
hey, Greg, did you read my post. Oh yea, that means that I happen to be a Mercedes Benz technician. Oh wait didn't I say that it is possible to close the roof manually only that it is very involved.

I know you have to remove the trunk side panels, undo the locks for the top, and have two people reach under the roof and pull it up together. You also had to jump some pins on the hydraulic unit to actuate certain pieces in the system, like folding in the flaps on the rear deck lid. Lots of stuff to do....

Just call the dealer and have them tow it in for you............................................... ....................

Greg, you are a jackass.