Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'02 CLK320 Passeger Window Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2018 | 12:36 PM

clk 320
'02 CLK320 Passeger Window Issues

I have an issue with my passenger window. I recently had to have my passenger door replaced because someone changed lanes into me. The body shop used a door from a junkyard and now the issue is the window will go all the way up, but will immediately come back down 1". They could not get it to sync using the MB method and I've searched online everywhere and am having the same issue. The top is up and the doors are closed when I try to resync.

I've since picked up the car from the shop and they've left the panel off so I can still work to fix it. I picked up my old damaged door to be able to have the components from it in case it is needed. I have switched out my old window controller into this new door to see if that solved it but it hasn't. I've also lubricated the channels, and trim to make sure nothing is causing the window to think it needs to come down for safety concerns. I've also removed the inside edge trim.

The window will go down fine and stop midway if needed. However, when going up, if you release the button, it immediately comes down 2". Also, when it goes all the way up, it immediately comes down 1". I'm stumped and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Below is a video.
Old 01-07-2018 | 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

not a merc
Why is it making that noise at the top it sounds like its binding, fix that first,
It must be 100% free or you will have issues, then use a diagnostic tool to desyncronise the end stops, then teach it back in using the window button