Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COMAND Navigation keeps rebooting (2017 C350e)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350e
Angry COMAND Navigation keeps rebooting (2017 C350e)

So my 2017 Mercedes C350e has a novel problem: whenever the route guidance in the onboard COMAND Navigation is active, the system reboots itself every 3 minutes for the duration of the trip. I managed to capture the problem on video: YouTube video

The problem started after the dealership flashed the COMAND unit following a similar (but somehow less annoying) problem: the COMAND unit (screen and all) would be dead from 1 to 4 days every few months. I am running Maps v11 2017/18 (unsure which COMAND firmware version). The problem happens 80% of the time, but only when guidance is active (driving along with the map open is fine). At first I thought it was linked to whether I was streaming Bluetooth media or not but I've seen since noticed it doesn't matter. Any ideas?
Old 02-05-2018, 07:58 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
I'm sorry that I can offer no assistance, but this is why I opted not to update my COMAND software when the dealer suggested doing so in the hopes of rectifying a different (and relatively mild, by comparison) quirk in my existing system. I'd heard stories about the new version in the 2017 models and was afraid of jumping from the frying pan into the fire. The COMAND software in my 2016 model has a few idiosyncrasies, but is fairly stable overall.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:32 PM

C350e
Thanks for replying. Yes, my (bigger) problems started when the dealer updated the COMAND software. Here's hoping there's a 2018 patch to rectify the problems of the 2017 patch. Wonder when these companies will realise they're becoming software companies (unless the outsource the entire carOS to Apple or Google)...
Old 02-05-2018, 01:10 PM

2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Indeed, virtually the entire vehicle's operation relies on computer software. When I expressed my concerns about the 2017 version of COMAND, my service adviser recommended that I wait "until they release an updated version".
Old 07-28-2018, 04:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 S AMG
I have the same issue but its happening regardless of im using navigation or not. Did you ever get it solved?
Old 07-30-2018, 09:29 AM

2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
I finally had the dealer update the COMAND software in my car after driving a 2018 C300 loaner for two weeks while they were fiddling with my car for various warranty reasons. The system in the loaner was very stable, so I told them to go ahead with the update. This was done within the past month and I've had no problems at all. Have you asked your dealer whether a newer version is available for your car?
Old 08-10-2018, 06:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Lightbulb Comand Rebooting Solved (for me anyways)

I wanted to share my Comand rebooting issue, that hopefully helps someone. The Comand system in my 2012 E350, started freezing then rebooting itself about once a minute or so. I took it to a MB mechanic who said that the whole system needed to be replaced. Then went to a high end stereo installer/repair tech that said the same thing. I was looking at about $4000. I decided to try one last place, before giving in and replacing the whole system. The used car dealership that specializes in European cars where I purchased the car 4 years ago (Freeman Motors, Portland, OR). It turned out that I had a defective CD in the CD player. (Hamilton). It caused the whole system to freeze up and reboot non stop!! They popped the CD out and it is now working just fine.
The following users liked this post:
GDCLNFN (03-11-2020)
Old 04-22-2019, 12:57 PM

Mercedes C200, 2018
Mr.

Originally Posted by Mr. Toad
I finally had the dealer update the COMAND software in my car after driving a 2018 C300 loaner for two weeks while they were fiddling with my car for various warranty reasons. The system in the loaner was very stable, so I told them to go ahead with the update. This was done within the past month and I've had no problems at all. Have you asked your dealer whether a newer version is available for your car?
Hi.. I am driving a 2018 C200. I am currently facing the same issue regarding the COMAND system being rebooted every 1 min regardless of streaming bluetooth or anything. Have booked an appointment with the dealer. I would Like to know weather a software update is the only solution to the problem? Or is there anything else like the fuse being damaged.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C200
Originally Posted by Shahid Shaik
Hi.. I am driving a 2018 C200. I am currently facing the same issue regarding the COMAND system being rebooted every 1 min regardless of streaming bluetooth or anything. Have booked an appointment with the dealer. I would Like to know weather a software update is the only solution to the problem? Or is there anything else like the fuse being damaged.
HI, is your problem resolved? I have the same. Comand rebooting every 30s, no radio, no media, no Navi. Climate control turne off after minute. Everything was fine with my car until Monday...
The following users liked this post:
Mark Lui (05-25-2021)
Old 03-29-2020, 09:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W205
Originally Posted by Shahid Shaik
Originally Posted by Irena Wachulska
HI, is your problem resolved? I have the same. Comand rebooting every 30s, no radio, no media, no Navi. Climate control turne off after minute. Everything was fine with my car until Monday...
Did either of you get this fixed because I am now facing the same issue and its really frustrating.

thanks in advance
The following 2 users liked this post by Goldenmatiz:
evanmarko (12-27-2021), Mark Lui (05-25-2021)