Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 AMG - DTC Codes 5060 / 5066 Intermittent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
C63 AMG - DTC Codes 5060 / 5066 Intermittent

Dear Forum,
Looking for some help and advice on a C63 AMG with 2 fault codes stored and current.

Now here is the tricky part, so when I get up in the morning, the car is parked outside overnight and get nice and cool, when I
start the car in the morning and the self-test for ABS runs all is ok and drive away and all system are go.. no problems,

Park car in the underground car park under my office building 8-9 hours, it's ground floor parking so it's warm but not overly hot in there.
Get in the car and start the car, self-test runs but ABS lights don't go out it comes up with the ABS / Traction fault and drive carefully warnings...

I had the auxiliary battery checked and charging etc. but everything seems fine, the tech seems to think it's an ECU fault, but can't prove it, suggests replacing the WHOLE ABS unit ??

Any help or advice appreciated.
Thanks
Old 01-08-2022, 12:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CL550 AMG package
Originally Posted by mrbikeruk
Dear Forum,
Looking for some help and advice on a C63 AMG with 2 fault codes stored and current.

Now here is the tricky part, so when I get up in the morning, the car is parked outside overnight and get nice and cool, when I
start the car in the morning and the self-test for ABS runs all is ok and drive away and all system are go.. no problems,

Park car in the underground car park under my office building 8-9 hours, it's ground floor parking so it's warm but not overly hot in there.
Get in the car and start the car, self-test runs but ABS lights don't go out it comes up with the ABS / Traction fault and drive carefully warnings...

I had the auxiliary battery checked and charging etc. but everything seems fine, the tech seems to think it's an ECU fault, but can't prove it, suggests replacing the WHOLE ABS unit ??

Any help or advice appreciated.
Thanks
Did you get the problem fixed? How did you get it fixed?
Old 01-09-2022, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,028 Likes on 2,010 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Originally Posted by vervuurt
Did you get the problem fixed? How did you get it fixed?
Any chance you want to read the schematic diagram and troubleshoot your ABS control module?
Old 01-09-2022, 08:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CL550 AMG package
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
Any chance you want to read the schematic diagram and troubleshoot your ABS control module?
how?