Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 speed auto problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300CE-24
maybe in the end i will do that,but i still get the feeling it's some sort of electrical gremlin thats causing this,and i have just recently moved to Perth,which is a major city,unlike Cairns which is a small regional town,so the benz dealers here will most likely have the best diagnosis equiptment and much better technicians.I'll give them a shot.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:43 AM

300CE-24
problem solved

we'll, the biggest most established benz dealership cracked my year long tormenting problem in under two hours,with lateral thinking and professional expertise.(diesel motors) in perth,western australia.It was something small as i always suspected it would be.A Earth wire gone astray,tucked under something and which simply was not connected to anything.Upon connecting it to it's proper place,we immediately got 4th gear back working and no fault codes to speak of.I am so happy and thankfull to them.This also conferms that my year long struggle with this problem and the way it was handled in a smallish regional town like cairns ,means that i was dealing hillbilly's.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:07 PM

300CE-24
Update on my auto problem.

I have written an update on my auto issue which you will find here, in the Tech Talk section. Heading "5 speed auto problem". Their was a solution to my long running problem, well, sort of!

Last edited by DIMITRIAR; 01-26-2007 at 08:14 PM.