Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 E320
Recall

LOS ANGELES (CBS.MW) - DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes-Benz unit recalled some of its passenger cars due to potential problems with a brake system and its Chrysler unit recalled some Dodge trucks and sport utility vehicles due to suspected problems with the windshield wipers.

A spokesperson for DaimlerChrysler (DCX) said Mercedes-Benz voluntarily recalled its some 680,000 of its E- and SL-class cars worldwide to check the vehicles' Sensotronic Brake Control system.

The potential brake problem affects "certain vehicles that are used above and beyond normal daily use" such as taxis, the spokesperson said, adding that the recall applies to E-class cars built since March 2002 and SL-class cars built since October 2001.

Chrysler's voluntary recall of about 353,000 of its 2002-2004 Dodge Dakota pickup trucks and its 2002-2003 Dodge Durango sport utility vehicles is necessary to correct a potential problem with the windshield wiper module, he said.

The spokesperson declined to comment on costs related to the recall.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
is this for all the new sl's??? i havent received a letter!?! thanks for letting me know.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Recalls

Most of the service recalls, malfunctions and so on I just get them right from the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Office of Defects Investigation ... they even have a web site for you to research any kind of problems in your vehicle, submit complaints, etc, etc

If anyone is interested to "research" a bit what service bulletins are out there for any vehicle, try the link below (use the section on the right titled: "Select the type of search" which is a wizard that will allow you to get any bulletins for any car in the USA, the left side is used then you already have a case number that you are interested in

US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Office of Defects Investigation

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-23-2004, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

very cool, thanks for the link.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Recalls Web Research...

Mr ahopeter:
Originally posted by ahopeter
very cool, thanks for the link.
No problem!... I just didn't get the chance to come back to this thread for several days now... glad you liked the link...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 05-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe
so does this recall apply to 2004 E320's? Im guessing no?
Old 05-28-2004, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Recalls Web Research...

Originally posted by Wiedermann
Mr ahopeter:

No problem!... I just didn't get the chance to come back to this thread for several days now... glad you liked the link...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
haha, thanks Mr. Wiedermann.

by the way, the formality isnt necessary. but i do appreciate the gesture.