Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to forum ECU question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
240 sport
New to forum ECU question

hi all, I’m new to the forum and need a bit of advise regarding my father in laws 1999 c240 sport. A couple of weeks ago it had a no start issue that the local garage told him was the external fuel pump. Replaced with new one only for the exact same issue to come back a day later. It’s been on diagnostic and they say that it has a bad ECU and that there is only one left for that model in the UK which is over £1000. I’m not familiar with Merc but could this be true or could it be a relay or bad connection. My thoughts were to swap out the ECU for an exact match along with key and other bits but I’m not sure what I would need or how easy/hard it is to do ( if needs doing at all ) I would be forever great full if I can fix this for him. He’s had it from new and it’s always been serviced at merc, it would be a real shame to see it swapped out for a fiesta. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 929 Likes on 721 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Try these guys. They are a sponsor on this forum. You can PM them on this forum under username "ecmexchange". Looks like a few hundred dollars US.

https://carcomputerexchange.com/index.php