Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MercedesMe Network Error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:04 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Exclamation MercedesMe Network Error

I posted this in the General Mercedes Discussion forum and got no response, so trying again here.

Using the MercedesMe app, I have configured the "Curfew Minder" tool and it has worked flawlessly until about a week ago, when I suddenly started receiving daily text messages advising "The location service request for your Mercedes-Benz vehicle was unsuccessful due to a network error. Please try again."

I subsequently tried using the "Locate Vehicle" tool in the app and it never succeeded in identifying the location of my car (which was just outside my office, in the parking lot). I called the customer assistance line for the app and was instructed to "Delete the app, restart the phone, and then reinstall the app". As I strongly suspected, this accomplished nothing.

My phone connects immediately to my car every time I get in it and I have no trouble accessing my phone contacts or receiving calls and text messages.

Any ideas?
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 11:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLQA250 Matic
I have completely given up on the MercedesMe Connect App. When is Mercedes going to do something about this very disappointing app? It absolutely does not make sense to say that Mercedes is a car manufacturing company that uses software so it cannot be compared with Tesla. That is a very flimsy excuse. If that is the case then they should stop touting themselves as "the best or nothing". I have a 2020 GLA 4 matic and find it totally user unnfriendly. It's nothing but a hodge podge of software and hardware that even someone with a PH.D like myself finds annoying and confusing.
The following 2 users liked this post by gndifon:
CaliBenzDriver (02-18-2022), Mr. Toad (02-21-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,064 Likes on 2,036 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Race to the bottom...

The minimal design keeps some people amazed.
Your academic achievement gives you serious abilities and expectations to meet basic standards.

Realize that all MB designs keep changing back and forth. Having a bare-bone implementation provides strong incentives for a competing vendor to capture this service for profit.

Featuring a basic design makes it harder to undercut the vendor on cost alone.

The following users liked this post:
biker349 (02-18-2022)