Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C220 CDi 7g Tronic plus shudder issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI AMG SPORT
C220 CDi 7g Tronic plus shudder issue

I have a 13 plate w204 c220 cdi with the 7g tronic plus gearbox,
the problem im having is if im driving along in eco mode at 50-60 mph and decide to pick up the speed I get a viberation / shudder almost feels like a manual car in the wrong gear, this will stay present for a moment till it gets up past 65mph

If I drive in S mode theres no shudder viberation at all!!

If I drive in manual mode at 50 -60mph in 5th gear and select 6th gear the vibration comes back into the car until it reaches a higher speed,

I've had 2 people look at the car and both have diagnosed as something different which leaves me confused,

Any ideas?
Old 11-01-2018, 07:57 PM

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
W212 (212.065/276.820)
Well, I'm experiencing pretty much the same thing. On the highway at 110 KPH (~70 MPH) I get a low volume but noticeable shudder. When I decrease from 7th to 6th the shudder decreases and from 6th to 5th it goes completely away (although engine noise does become far more pronounced in 5th). I've just had my transmission oil and filter replaced during the B7 service and I suspect the shudder started after the service, although I'm not really sure. I'm going to ask my mechanic to check the oil level. Maybe is something related to that or a worn transmission mount.

Any clues?