Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C Class been at dealer in service for over 6 weeks now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skateboard
C Class been at dealer in service for over 6 weeks now

So about 2 months ago, I got the SOS inactive or whatever light. So upon service, they suggested the module or an airbag component needs to be replaced and the part needs to be ordered and shipped overseas. Was given a loaner (a barebones C class, although brand new) and send on my way. After 2 weeks, I called, and they claimed the part has not arrived. Happens, I get it. It's overseas, things can get complicated, theyre really busy, etc. At the 4 week mark I call, same answer. "The part has not arrived, and we do NOT know when it will arrive. We are also not sure if the part order went through. This is all we know" Well, I then proceeded to say that I think that's kind of an unacceptable answer at this point. The manager halfway agreed that it's not acceptable, and especially since he knows they might not receive the part anytime soon, he offered to cover 2 months payments and "detail" my car afterwards. Well, I also checked where they're storing the car, and it's been outside sitting in the sun, absolutely baking the leather (I dont have tint). They offered to cover the car which who knows if they did or not, I need to drop in and check. It's at the 6 week mark, and still no word. I understand these things happen. And no, it's not am AMG, it's a fully loaded 17 c300 thats my daily and I'm a repeat customer to this very large MB dealer in Northern California. I just can't believe I can't get a better answer than "We don't know when". Just wanted everyone else 0.02. Yes I do have a loaner and am not "out of a car", but I just feel there's a fissuring of principle here. Should I bother with corporate?
Old 06-26-2018, 09:22 PM

Skateboard
Oh and obviously before anyone asks, since it is a SOS/airbag component they can't release it to me.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:00 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
99 C43, 73 911 targa
Lemon law return?
Old 07-08-2018, 09:07 PM

Skateboard
Originally Posted by silverc4s
Lemon law return?
Well, at 2 months now, with nothing. I do believe I'm in some territory to not only be speaking with corporate, but even a lemon law lawyer (as others have suggested to me). Just ridiculous at this point.