Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, Ckimate Control Gone Wacky

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2004 | 07:05 PM

Help, Ckimate Control Gone Wacky

Can anyone tell me why after I installed a new head unit my climate control worls weird now.

Here is what it's doing:

-auto mode: a/c will run cold but only to top vents and HOT air blows on the feet continuously.

-Manual mode: the fan speed works fine HOT air on floor only/continuously and modes will not work.

-defrost works, just can't control the temp.

Any thoughts? I double checked to see if everything was plugged in and it looks fine. I have the standard analog temp comntrols in my coupe.

Please help. I would rather run a test or reset procedure if one exists then have to take it in.

-Thanks, Eric
Old 05-31-2004 | 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
no idea how to fix your problem...but what car do you have and what did you replace the unit with? i'm wondering if replacing mine will fix the problem i'm having with EC staying on all the time.
Old 06-01-2004 | 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: Help, Ckimate Control Gone Wacky

Originally posted by t7200es
Can anyone tell me why after I installed a new head unit my climate control worls weird now.

Here is what it's doing:

-auto mode: a/c will run cold but only to top vents and HOT air blows on the feet continuously.

-Manual mode: the fan speed works fine HOT air on floor only/continuously and modes will not work.

-defrost works, just can't control the temp.

Any thoughts? I double checked to see if everything was plugged in and it looks fine. I have the standard analog temp comntrols in my coupe.

Please help. I would rather run a test or reset procedure if one exists then have to take it in.

-Thanks, Eric
1) what kind of car do you have, year, model, etc. I see from your post it is a coupe, but that's a lot of cars.

2) what kind of head unit did you have installed in the car. Is it original, OEM, aftermarket, etc.

3) who did the install. Did any of the connectors to the stereo change, like with an adapter, or cutting wires?

There are wires going to the stereo for the CANBUS. The climate control is also on the CANBUS. This could cause a problem.

-s-