Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick a SAM any SAM, troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
Pick a SAM any SAM, troubleshooting

I purchased a 2004 SL55 that the owner stated it was "mis jump started" ( keyless go, parktronic, distronic, voice)
I service electronics and now aircraft and am shopping for SDS. until then I am trying to determine core power issues and no OBD2 link even.
Here is what works
Alarm, sounder rf, dash display and key recognition, ABS pump, map lights, headlites, door sensors,gong, command screen, steering adjust

Does not work
Engine crank, windows,horn, lower courtesy, audo sound, trunk lit and release, air pump, partial seat OP, trunk release indicator always lit, mirror ajust

What I checked
All fuses and pre fuses, every static voltage on fuses Only left and right front SAM fuse boxes show missing voltages on fuses, rear SAM fuses are all 12v,
With this INFO can anyone out there determine which SAM I should SMD rework? These cars are poorly built for the level of tech especially open to corrosion fuseboxes etc Yanking on more wires would escalate the anxiety attacks. Is there a voltage chart of FUSEs in standby?
Left frt SAM 13 (0 volt fuses)
Right frt SAM 11 (0 volt fuses)

I respond with THANKS

Old 11-15-2018, 07:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 CLK 350/. 2009 CLK 350/2005 Both White
Update the sam is FINE the problem was the ABS or ESP module . The company the I sent out to repair it that said it was fixed that said it was tested was WRONG ..THEY BROKE IT and made it worse . I gave it took it to a repair shop they attached it to the star diag machine. Well the fix was a used module !!!!! they programed it and no my car is fine.SO the company that I sent to fix broke it and made me look in another direction because I thought they knew what they we doing !! Lesson learned.. I'm getting my money back and I'm happy.