Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

icarsoft and Star not connecting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
icarsoft and Star not connecting

Sorry if this is not the right Forum for this Question, surely someone will point me in the right direction if not. I purchased the icarsoft MB V2.0 and before it came in found a SD C4 at an auction. I used the MB V2.0 to view and clear a P0410 code. In the meantime I had been looking online and on the laptop that came with the SD scanner to try and figure out how to use it. This morning I figured I would hook up the SD and see what I could find, would not connect. I think it said Device not in use. Hooked up the MB V2.0 and it won't open plugged into the OBDII port or the PC either one. UAP_MENU.BIN, file operation exception, error code 03. Tried to update the scanner on the icarsoft website and it stopped the download and requested I contact their support department. Now I don't know if the star system caused this or if just coincidence. Has anyone seen this with the MB V2.0. Also can you tell me why the Star would not connect? I had the scanner plugged into the OBDII port and a cable to the laptop.
Thanks in advance for any insight into this
Old 09-14-2018, 08:37 AM

SL55 AMG
iCarsoft just needed updated not sure why since it was new but that fixed it.
I could really use some help with Star. I can connect with car using DAS but Xentry not working. I have watched the youtube videos and can get as far as Start Key Connected but Xentry will still not come up.
1st question do I need Xentry or will DAS do everything, I have a 2003 SL55 AMG.
2nd I bought the Star scan C4 from an auction are these licensed to the original owner? if I do need Xentry is there good step by step instructions to get it up and running.
Thanks in advance for any help
Old 09-14-2018, 08:39 AM

SL55 AMG
Also should I not connect to the internet?
Old 09-14-2018, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 177 Likes on 128 Posts
2025 AMG E 53 (on order); 2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2003 360 Modena
For 2003 - only DAS will work. Xentry is for newer MYs. I think that switch took place in 2010. You still launch from Xentry - but upon auto detecting the car or manually entering the VIN - DAS will be launched automatically. You can be connected to the internet.