Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pass. headlight works when car is off only. Flickers and fails when car is running.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2007 c280
Pass. headlight works when car is off only. Flickers and fails when car is running.

Passenger headlight only works when the car is OFF. Flickers and fails when car is onI've never seen anything like this before. For a couple weeks my passenger side low beam has been flickering and turning off. Ordered new bulbs and installed them last night. While installing them I turned them on with the car off and they worked just fine. Later in the evening I go to take a drive and upon starting, the same headlight flickers and turns off when the car is on and I turn on the low beams. If i turn off the headlight, and turn them back on the same thing happens, turns on, flickers, and dies in 5 seconds.

So I turn the car off, turn the headlights ON and both work fine for as long as the car is not started. With the headlights on as I start the car both beams will remain on for about 30 seconds. Then the passenger low beam flickers and dies again.

Im clueless here. To me, its a relay issue or the headlight switch itself.

Any ideas here guys?

Thanks!