Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle service report

Old 11-12-2018, 06:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S55
Vehicle service report

If this is in the wrong section please move. I'm hoping a real service tech can help me stop getting the run around from the local dealers.

I'm looking at a 2002 S55 and a 2000 S500 I'm trying to get the vehicle service history from the dealer in Southern California ( South Bay Mercedes torrance). I called a service tech to get a quick verbal run down and they told me that the registered owner needed to come in to the dealer in person and show current registration and matching ID and they'd provide the service history. So the current registered owner went to the dealer (which was the original servicing dealer) provided registration and ID and they refused his requests. They claimed it's a violation of personal information which is B.S. because we're not asking for previous owners personal information just the vehicles dealer service history.

Service told him they could not provide any service records prior to his ownership. He requested to talk to a manager but was told none where working.

I've never had any issues with other manafacturers dealers getting service history over the phone much less in person proving current ownership so what can I do to get the dealer service history as Mercedes had been extremely unhelpful and quite a dissapointment?

Or who can I report the dealer to because as a prospective Mercedes owner they've already turned me off to investing in a newer Mercedes because if this is how they treat prospective owners my resale value and buyer pool would be severely diminished.

thanks

Last edited by Cambz; 11-12-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:37 AM

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS450
Has anyone tried myCARFAX maintenance app? I recently purchased a preowned an S550 and setup the car in this app using the vin number. I am able to see all repairs done at Mercedes dealerships since the car was in serviced. The emissions inspection I got to get the car registered even shows up in the app. Plus, the app is free.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,815 Likes on 3,005 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
I purchased a Carfax report for one of my vehicles, and all maintenance history is provided in the report.