Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

30,000 Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500
30,000 Service

I have a C-280 year 2000. I will so be reaching 30,000... I wanted to know what kind of service should be performed and what that service includes.

Is there maybe a site that describes what is done to the vehicle at 30,000. Also, I have been servicing my car every 10,000 miles, but heard that the oil should be changed every 3K?

I would appreciate suggestions...

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your C280 has the FSS system and there is no 30K-mile service. Read the service information booklet. It's all there. If you don't have one, get thee to thy dealer and they will sell you one for a nominal sum. They will also gladly photocopy the correct page for you in an effort for you to have the work done...

Do you have the service history of the car? (I take it you're not the original owner, or you'd have a clear understanding of the FSS...) Do you know where it was serviced? That would help in determining if the last service was an A or a B and when it was performed. Also, the FSS countdown mileage should be checked, and it's more than 1000 miles or so, since you're not getting the service soon reminder.