Notices
Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended shop Upstate SC?

Old 02-02-2019, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK250 Bluetec Polar White
Recommended shop Upstate SC?

Just got a message on the dash that I'll be due for "A7" service on our '14 GLK250. That's 70K miles plus transmission flush, I believe.

What should I consider a fair price? And do y'all have any shop recommendations? We just moved to South Carolina and I haven't yet decided whether to go to the local dealer (Greenville is 45 minutes away; Asheville is 70 minutes) or to an independent shop. The GLK is covered by the MB extended warranty until December 2013 so I have a slight preference for a dealer.

I posted this on the "South" sub-forum and thus far have gotten no response. Trying here. Many thanks.

Thx.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK250 Bluetec Polar White
Well, a shout out to Star Auto Care in downtown Greenville. They are real MB experts and pricing is very fair. They just performed A7 service for us (incl. tranny F&F) and the work was extremely thorough (10 qts fluids used, gasket and screws changed of course) and cheaper than dealer. We'll return there.